Profile: yasmina reggad is an independent photography curator based in the uk. she is the director and founder of photo-festivals. she is currently guest-curator at foto colectania in barcelona (spain) thanks to the support of the erasmus for young entrepreneurs programme. she has curated a few exhibitions one of them being a photo collective exhibition titled ‘time’ at format international photography festival (uk, 2009) and will curate ‘the flâneur’, 2nd photo collective exhibition at format11 in march 2011. she co-curated ‘from here’, an interim show for the brighton fringe festival (2009, UK). reggad is an active promoter of the photo collective and photo festivals culture. she is a regular speaker at the national photography symposium in the UK and has been a portfolio reviewer at format festival, FestFotoPoA (porto alegre, brazil), paraty em foco international photo festival (paraty, brazil), casa tomada residency art space (são paulo, brazil) and photomonth (london, uk). Recently, she curated ‘travelog‘, a curated projection commissioned by paraty em foco 2010; and she collaborated with the 2nd latin american forum of photography of são paulo with an interview of alec soth. she co-founded the photo forum beirut, a bimonthly event with zico house (january 2010, lebanon) in which she is still actively involved. yasmina reggad has received bursaries and support from international curators forum, tate, sharjah art foundation, arts council england and the european union. before becoming a curator, reggad worked for almost 10 years in the publishing industry and public institutions in france, mexico, canada, spain and the uk. she graduated from la sorbonne where she read european medieval history.
Posts by icebergmovement:
- Collectives Encounter’s flânerie to Fotofestiwal 2012 in Lodz (Poland)
- in conversation with Rawiya at the Delfina Foundation
- Launching ‘The Flâneur. The Dwelling Place of the Collective’
- talking about walking (without cameras) tomorrow in Newcastle
- what we are doing when we are not a ‘we’
- Free photography workshop by Human Endeavour in Derby on 11th and 12th February 2011
- ticking off my New Year’s wish list
- Any resolutions for the new year?
- Happy Christmas! ‘There’s a photographer in your town.’
- My flânerie with Alec Soth and Richard Long